Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Time for a Fresh Face and Focus

This month marks two years since I started this blog. I wrote it mostly for my family and friends about the revisions I was making on the Christian novel I wrote many years ago. That major revision is finished. As with anything a writer writes, revising and polishing are never done until a piece goes to press, but for this blog, it is time to move on to something else. I started doing that with my last two blogs, and last week I gave the page a face lift.

So where do I go from here? Let’s start with a question.

“Where are you from?”

A friendly question, common in our society, but I have to smile when it comes my way. Where am I from? Right now I live in Nashville, Tennessee. It's the sixth state I’ve lived in, but I’ve also lived in five countries besides the USA—no, six others, and on three other continents (four total). I lived in three of those countries for months, not years, so maybe I shouldn't count them, but they weren't just visits. So who knows what I might write about here in the days ahead? Fasten your seat belt and stay tuned.

How about it, family members? Can you name those six states and six countries? I’ll have a prize for the first one to get them all right and reported in a comment here on my fresh blog. I’m not saying what the prize will be because it will depend on who wins it. And the first non-family member to get any six of them right will get something, too.

7 comments:

Linda said...

I can't guess them all, but I'll get started: North America, South America, Africa....

Mexico, Colombia, Central African Republic, Chad.....

Illinois, Arkansas, Texas, Tennessee.....

As you can see, all my lists are partial. I'm curious to know the answers!

Congratulations on this new direction for your blog!

Linda

Esther said...

Great start, Linda! But I have to "short" you one. The two African countries you name are two countries now, but in my day they were two of four parts of French Equatorial Africa, so for this pupose I have to count them as one. Thanks for playing. Stay tuned...

Anonymous said...

Hello Esther,

I know a few but not ALL ...

Michigan, Illinois, Columbia, Texas, Florida, Tenneesse

Esther said...

Good for you :). Nice to see your name here.

Alan and Lynée Ward said...

States:
IL, NC, TX, TN, FL, IN

Countries:
What is now CAR, Mexico, US, Colombia, Costa Rica, what is now Chad

Alan and Lynée Ward said...

I did the former without looking, now I see I counted two African countries that you counted as one. But the ones you stayed in waiting for airplanes don't count. Did you live in France while your parents learned French? They already knew French if you were born in Africa...I give up.

Esther said...

Excellent job, Lynée. Between your two messages, the only thing you missed--are you ready for this?--is the state where you were born! Michigan.

Since you were the only family member who particiapted, you definitely win that category. Thanks for playing.