Thursday, June 17, 2010

A Most Unique Reunion

I wanted to post a blog last night; in fact, I got a good start on it. But it was past my bedtime, and what I want to say is too complex to be rushed. Yesterday afternoon and evening were the beginning of our incredible MK reunion, a reunion that is not only incredible but unique. I'm eager to write about it, but I need more time. So I set out to write just this short one--and then the computer ate it, and I was too tired to try and find it. Thankfully, I turned it up this morning.

Several things are unique about this reunion. One is that it is multigenerational. One lady says she remembers me when I was a baby, while I told one of the younger men that I remember a picnic with his family when he was a toddler. We have at least two people in their nineties, while my nephew's baby son is just five months old. The MKs at this affair were born in at least seven different decades.

Just one more tidbit. We had been invited to submit songs of long ago that we wanted to sing, and did we ever sing them! We started with "Every day with Jesus is sweeter than the day before" and tackled oldies like "Do, Lord, oh do Lord, oh do remember me." Before we were finished, we had done WWII favorites such as "What though wars may come with the marching of feet and the beating of drums" and "I'm too young to march in the infantry..., but I'm in the Lord's army."

If we'd had rafters over our head, I assure you they would have been ringing (now there is another expression that dates me!).

No comments: